Carpet in Florida
If you’re looking to add a carpet to your space, you’re not alone! There are endless styles to choose from with carpet available in every color, pattern, and texture you could imagine. It’s relatively quick to install and has the ability to dramatically transform all your favorite spaces. Plus, carpeting comes in waterproof options, so there’s no need to stress over water damage! Regardless of your budget or interior design, you’re bound to find a carpet to suit your lifestyle at Taylor Carpet One Floor & Home in Florida.
Looking to add carpet to your space? Here are some carpet guidelines to help in your search!
What Are The Different Carpet Types?
With so many options, making carpet choices can seem overwhelming. Consider your space, your lifestyle, and your budget when choosing a carpet that will work best for you.
- Level Loop: For this carpeting type, loops are left uncut on the carpet’s surface, with a high or low pile height. Level Loop carpet is an extremely durable option for high-traffic areas like living rooms and hallways. It can hide dirt and stains, making it an ideal choice for kids and pets.
- Pattern: A mix of high-cut tufts and low loops give this carpeting beautiful patterning, while also remaining durable. Pattern carpets are great in high-traffic areas.
- Textured: This type of carpeting is made with kinked or curled yarn, and this helps to reduce light reflection. Known as the “trackless” carpeting, it is perfect for medium to high-traffic locations like living rooms and bedrooms.
- Frieze: Also known as ‘twists’, the highly twisted yarn used to make this carpeting type makes this carpet a customer favorite compared to other carpeting, thanks to its ability to hide traction marks.
- Plush: Perhaps the most luxurious carpeting, this type has a deep, dense pile that gives this carpet a velvet look. This carpeting is prone to vacuum marks and footprints, yet a delustered or non-shiny yarn can help reduce traffic marks.
What Are The Different Carpet Fibers?
Carpeting has certainly changed over time, and it can resist stains and spills, thanks to synthetic and natural fibers. Here’s a breakdown of the different fiber types.
- Nylon Carpet: Nylon is a durable carpet, and it can be treated to become stain resistant.
- Polyester Carpet: Polyester fiber is a budget-friendly, resilient option, and it can be treated for stain resistance.
- Olefin Carpet: Olefin fiber carpeting is best for low-traffic areas like formal living and dining rooms. It is often used to make patterns and designs.
- Triexta Carpet: Trixeta is a synthetic fiber that is naturally stain-resistant and durable.
- Wool Carpet: This natural fiber is one of the most luxurious carpets; it requires regular maintenance and professional cleaning.
Is Carpeting Waterproof?
- In some cases, yes! Carpeting can sustain some serious damage thanks to pets, small children, and even our Florida humidity.
- But that doesn’t have to be the case with our carpeting. We offer carpet flooring options for every type of home and lifestyle.
- Thanks to engineered, stain-repellent fiber technology, you can enjoy your carpet for years to come!
Where Can My Carpet Be Installed?
We offer professional carpet installations, including in both residential and commercial spaces. We recommend carpet for any space in your home that is dry. Avoid using carpet in kitchens and bathrooms as it can be ruined by too much exposure to water.
Stain-resistant carpet flooring is popular in:
Soft, plush carpets are ideal for:
Shop Carpet Near You - Taylor Carpet One
As your local flooring store in Bonita Springs, Ft Myers, and Naples, FL, we provide the best carpet selection in the area. We’re part of the Carpet One cooperative, which gives us more buying power as a local business. We offer a full range of quality flooring options, including carpet, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring, and hardwood selections. Visit one of our local showrooms or browse our online carpeting selection to learn more!